Pregnant, not telling till 2nd trimester, bbq. Excuses for not drinking?

BBQ dinner at the in laws tonight. With my second pregnancy we had a family get together and everyone was drinking except for me. My sis in law kept asking me "why aren't you drinking, are you pregnant?" over and OVER again and hubby and I finally caved and told them that yes, we were prego. Now I'm pregnant for the third time and determined to keep it a secret until the 2nd trimester!
Okay sorry for the super long explanation. But I'm going over to the inlaws tonight and obviously can't drink...so what can I say is my reason not to?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 5:29 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pretty sad that people ask why you AREN'T drinking. Maybe just ask them why they ARE and that will shut them up.
    Anonymous

• Tell them, someone's gotta watch the kids, and drive home!! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:31 PM on May. 6, 2011

• There's lots of medications that recommend you don't drink alcohol with. Tell her you're taking an antihistamine, and drinking would knock you out.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Good excuses, If it were me I would probably say something like 'I can't mix alcohol with my allergy medicine so I will stick with ice tea.. .thank you for asking (said with heavy sarcasm)"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• make something AWESOME.... home made sweet tea or lemonade. or buy fancy soda in glass bottles.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• First off I would never ask someone why they aren't drinking but I would just say I am feeling dehydrated and want water.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:31 PM on May. 6, 2011

• pretend your drinking or make up something like you are the DD or you have a headache and dont want to make it worse or something
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:32 PM on May. 6, 2011

• ohhh dehydrated from emmyandlisa thats a great one.... good luck
    jaksonsmommy

• I agree with the tea response...You could make an awesome drink that you want everyone to try or say ur just really into it right now.???hope u figure something out!Good luck!
    hiselbobbie1

Answer by hiselbobbie1 at 5:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• seasonal allergies/pollen giving you a headache maybe? GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 5:33 PM on May. 6, 2011