How much are you willing to pay for flowers delivered?

Ok I was ordering flowers online to my mom and MIL well the total came out to.........$ 230.00 I am like wtf?
I had to erase it and think about it if I would have went cheaper it would look it....WHY I mean I know why but damn it's so very expensive and that way before the gas prices being raised.
What to do my family both live out of town any suggestions ladies?
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yikes, where did you go? I wouldn't spend that! Maybe see what local florists in their area will charge.
    Anonymous

• I have been looking on line to and i was surprised at the prices, i thinking these places are taking advantage of us. I think $10.00 for delivery is good and over that no thank you. What about gift cards?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• 0.00
    Anonymous

• They jack the price up for MD.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I like to call a local florist and arrange to buy flowers directly from them rather than through FTD or Teleflora. You can get a MUCH larger and nicer arrangement that way, because the florist is getting ALL of the money for the arrangement instead of the company that's transmitting your order taking some.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Not as much as the florist wants to charge for it. I stopped sending flowers a long time ago, instead I purchase a gift and mail it myself. My mom gets exactly what I picked out (not what the florist wants to send) and I don't spend an arm and a leg for nothing.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Today is my birthday, dh was going to do his usual and order my flowers, but didn't because they couldn't guarantee a time. I told him I'm glad he didn't. He orders me flowers all the time but when he orders around this time of year they always jack the price up. IMO that is price gouging but hey, we pay it right?

I had ordered my step mom a bonsai tree and paid an $20 to make sure she gets it today. Fed Ex is delivering it Monday. I was pissed. Called the company and they said they would send her a bouquet that she will get today to make up for the tree. Well I called around 7 and she had not gotten yet. I called them and they called the florist. It was finally delivered at 915. So I made out pretty well, $50 and she got a bouquet of flowers and an azalea bonsai tree.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:20 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Just go to your local grocery store and buy a mix of flowers and pick a vase and decorate it yourself. Yes it takes time to do so but cheaper. Now if they live out of state then delievering flowers is your best bet just price shop.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 3:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i brought for my moms b-day online just a few days ago, i though i was getting a deal for 50 and I had to over night ship it and it was $97 lol... But she loved them so to me it was worth every cent.... but next time im going to my local flower shop
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 1:54 PM on May. 8, 2011