Do you have laws in your neighborhood that prevent you from putting things on your lawn?

Like signs, flags, etc? I mean if you own your house shouldn't you be allowed to put whatever you want in your yard?

Just read this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/How-Lightning-fan-outwitted-petty-HOA-over-playo?urn=nhl-wp4283

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 5:45 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We're not allowed to have clotheslines here...you can have the umbrella ones you can take down, but they have to be taken down nightly and you'll get a fine if its not.
    sweetashyb

Answer by sweetashyb at 5:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• No. I've never heard of that and we have a neighbor a little bit away that has a lawn FULL of ornaments, I wouldn't want to have to move and rearrange all of it when it comes time to cut the grass. I agree it is our lawn so as long as it isn't rude or disgusting, nothing should be said.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• clotheslines and pools!!I hate it!
    hiselbobbie1

Answer by hiselbobbie1 at 5:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I just got a fence like this. Outta sight outta mind.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• No. Our neighborhood allows just about anything. Fences are the only thing that are hard to get a permit for.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 5:57 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We used to live in a subdivision that had rules like that, you had to even get approval for the colors you painted outside. I don't know what they could do to enforce them though.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:18 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would hate to live in an area that was like that. I live to hang my clothes outside on the line.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We don't have a lot of rules here and what rules we do have aren't enforced, but off the top of my head, we aren't allowed to have livestock and we can't have cars parked on the lawn.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If it is a neighborhood that requires you to join a HOA, then they can make the rules. We all have a choice not to move into a HOA neighborhood.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• when we were buying a house a few months ago we liked a certin house but the town was stricked. our camper couldnt be in the back yard and my dh has a work truck and there rule was everything has to be moved from 5am to 6pm they didnt even want it sitting in the driveway. we thought well our house were gonna pay the taxes wth. so we decided not to buy that house ( its still on the market ) we bought a house in a country town and they dont care whats outside or what u do as long as legal. i planted fruit trees, we have our camper and even a flag. next chicken coop.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:53 PM on May. 6, 2011