Is teaching morals and values

hard to you because that would mean that you would have to change some of the things you do that your child sees?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• You can tell your kids whatever you want but it's not going to mean much if it isn't backed up by your actions. Kids learn the most by example. Talk is cheap. If you don't want your kids to do something then don't do it yourself. I speak from experience. The things in my life that I went through made a huge impact in my kids lives. I look back now and wish I could change so much. We do reap what we sow.
    simpsonville

Answer by simpsonville at 12:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• nope, I do not act any way I do not wish my children to act.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...not really, because I think I was raised with good moral and teachings and how to raise a family and me and my Dh pretty much follow what our parents raised us by. And our whole lives people have told both my mother and his mother that we are great well mannered kids and his g-ma even told my mom that when we first met. So not to bad...i'm doin alright I guess....lol....
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 11:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• no just go with the ... try your hardest and sure you will slip up sometimes and parents are not perfect... but it is your job to teach them what is right, even if you dont do it all the time, you should be trying to be a good example anyways.. teach them just to try their hardest.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• yeah when i read that i would have to act differently then i do i thought then what does it mean to be an example. also if we do make mistakes my children know that people are not perfect and that i don't expect them to be perfect but that we should strive to be. also they don't go with the theory that if i mess up that they are allowed too and then use it against me. our family has strong values, moral convictions. my oldest is almost 17 he has not done drugs, had sex or anything that would keep him from going on a mormon mission. nor has my 13 yr old son. i'm not assuming i know. they have always been truthful and plus my oldest has had drug testing cause he did get in trouble but he was responsible for his actions and i thought that he should me how responsible and mature he has become. i'm so proud.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i meant he showed me! not should me how responsible and mature etc etc
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• yes thats true. i teach good morals and vaules to my 5 children- but ill be honest with you, i dont always use the best of mine!! ha-ha
    j-hunt

Answer by j-hunt at 3:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008