Potty accidents 3 yr old!

My son is 3 this Sunday. He has been potty trained this whole year. NEVER had one accident during the day. But twice this week he has peed his pants at the "kiddie Gym" daycare while I work out. We go every day for no more than 1 to 2 hours. But for some reason Wednesday and today he has waited all the way until i got there to go potty and wet his pants. He gets so into playing with his friends that he wont go till its too late. How do I help him go even when he just wants to play. And im not in there !!!!! HElpmE

kristybaby2

Asked by kristybaby2 at 6:08 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's VERY common for kids to get into playing and not want to take the time to go potty. My son is 7 and we STILL have to remind him occasionally to go to the bathroom. One thing that has really helped us it to have him/her (I have a daughter too that's 4) go potty before you sign them into the play area. Then have them go again as soon as you pick them up.

He'll probably protest that he doesn't have to go, just encourage him to TRY.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• take him potty right before you leave the house or right when you get to the gym, then his bladder will be nice and empty while he plays and you work out :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:26 PM on May. 6, 2011