Workout buddy??

Do you work out alone or with a partner? Which do you think is more motivating??

kristybaby2

Asked by kristybaby2 at 6:14 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• my Ipod is my workout buddy. I like to workout alone, I don't like to talk when I'm in the zone.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:15 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I work out alone, I would think that having a buddy would be better for both of you and more motiviating. GL.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't usually have anyone to work out with me. But then, my work out is going for a walk!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 6:24 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I like to have a buddy. They can kick my ass in gear when I need it.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 6:25 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I prefer to work out alone. I find few people are at the same pace with me at the gym, or as serious. I do like having a friend as a spotter, though. I used to go with a friend, and we'd go our separate ways once we got there, and meet up periodically. I do like running with someone faster than me once a week to give me a kick. Otherwise I prefer going it alone, so I can go my own pace, and not be slowed down (like when I'm with DH, who is slower than me).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:19 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Sometimes if DH is home he does Insanity with me. I'm planning on starting a free weekly fit club as soon as I find a gym rental....lol then i'll be full on sweating in front of everyone
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I work out with my sister. It's a big motivator cause I know I don't have to do it alone

LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 1:01 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I work out alone but it is better with a partner...granted last time I had a partner I was doing more laughing than working out :p
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:38 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I used to have a work out buddy and let me tell you it was a lot more motivating then doing it alone. I always want to stop when I'm getting exhausted and with my work out buddy we always kept pushing each other forward. We never needed to stop we just kept going. It was really great. We even congratulated each other when we were done and said to each other that we did great and I knew you could do it. It is always nice to hear those things. I always got a second wind and was able to finish what I started after that. I wish I had that still.
    KMKM04Mommy

Answer by KMKM04Mommy at 7:00 PM on May. 7, 2011

• It helps me to have a buddy to workout with. I usually take dh with me because he really pushes me.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:34 AM on May. 8, 2011