DOES YOUR MIL MAKE MOTHERS DAY ALL ABOUT HER

Or do your feel like there is balance between you and her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Holidays

• Balance
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• MY mother makes it all about her. My MIL tries to make it all about me.

I think that it is a day to celebrate all mothers, and I buy a small gift for all the mothers/grandmothers in my life and make a special point to take it over there and have the kids make a card. My own mother never does anything for me, but my MIL always tries to sneak the kids away to have them do something for me. My mom kind of treats it like a "collection day" which is kind of obnoxious since we don't have the best relationship after she practically let another woman raise me anyway, who I refer to as my mama...and who I might mention is also terrific about sharing the spotlight.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My MIL makes EVERY holiday all about her. If we dare to want to spend a holiday without her as the spotlight we are given a huge guilt trip. If we offer to visit for just a little bit - as in not spending the entire day with her, she makes a huge deal of us not staying long enough. For holidays like Christmas she wants us there first thing in the morning and if we start to leave before dark she's pitching a fit. I haven't been able to enjoy holidays (except for Halloween, that's my only break) since I got married. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Kind of...but her birthday is always within a few days of MD so we're usually celebrating her birthday more than MD.
    Anonymous

• She was never like that, fortunately!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 9:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• no she sends me a card which is more then I can say about my husband
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:12 AM on May. 10, 2011