How are you preparing your other kids for the new baby?

I have a 9 year old son & an 11 year old daughter. They were both happy to hear that I was pregnant. My son more than my daughter. (Even though he wanted a boy and her a girl...and guess what I'm having...A GIRL!) I try to involve them in everything like picking out names, I tell them all about my appts and show them all the ultrasound pics. I even invited them to feel her kick. My son will put both hands on my belly w/o warning but my daughter seems scared to. Being that she is the first born maybe she thinks she won't get as much attention. Idk.

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• let them watch tlc baby story get them to big sis & brother helpers tell them they r # 1 remind them u lov e them
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:00 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My kids are younger, so my approach was probably different, but I have them come to the ultrasounds and have them "exchange" gifts with the new baby when she is born.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We just involve them in everything. We chose the name but they were able to put in input. Then when we are clothes shopping we let them help pick out clothes. And just talk about Norah all of the time, they will tell anyone.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Maybe it's because she won't be the only girl anymore? My oldest was happy to hear I was pg, my second was so-so, and my son is only 18mo. We're not finding out the sex of this one, so they are excited to see!
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 5:40 PM on May. 7, 2011