Could it be my prenatals causing this horrible acid reflux?

I just switched to a new prenatal and it seems like since then Ive had acid reflux like crazy.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes it could
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:43 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It may also just be your pregnancy. I'd try switching back, though, in case that's it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• H2 blockers can help
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 7:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My prenatals made me horribly nauseous. I finally switched to Flintstones' Chewable vitamins. They're for kids, but my doctor ok'd them. The hormones of your pregnancy cause the valve at the top of your stomach to relax, thus causing the heartburn. Tums might helped, but mine was so bad they just turned it into fruity flavored heartburn. I'm now on, and have been for years now, an Rx called Protonix.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Could be. I read that if you have pregnancy related post nasal drip it can cause reflux too
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:23 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I get heartburn when I eat anything with even just a hint of spice. Its really difficult being married into a mexican family. My mother in law cooks the absolute best mexican food I have ever tasted. I can no longer eat anyone elses mexican cooking, because it all just tastes gross compared to hers...but anyways, even if its not really at all that hot, and just has a tiny tiny tiny bit of chili, I get heartburn...tums has become my new best friend, I've gone through 3 of the big bottles already. It could be the prenatals, but it could just be that you're pregnant.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:33 AM on May. 8, 2011