When should i let my kids know I'm preganant?

When is a good time?

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 6:55 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• i say 3 months is a good time..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:57 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It depends on their ages. Wait quite awhile if they are really young. It is so hard to understand the waiting!! Congrats!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Depending on the ages, I am 7 weeks and my 4 year old doesn't know yet I will prob let her know when I start showing
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree with all of the above!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 7:00 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We tell them right away. If something were to happen and I was not to carry full term that is something for us to go through as a family.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I told them the day I found out.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Im 6 weeks and my 4 year old knows mommy has a baby in her belly. Im not going to hide it. Its someting we go through as a family. I had a miscarriage and he knows the baby went to heaven.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I think it really depends on their age. My daughter's 5 and I don't think that if I were pregnant, she would understand just how long 9 months is. She's STB 6 and asks me every single day if it's her birthday and when her uncle's wedding is. They are both at the end of this month 3 days apart. I know she'd ask the inevitable question and I don't know how to tell the truth, but keep it simple enough that she'd understand.
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 7:19 PM on May. 6, 2011

• When you feel it is the best time is a good time. I let my family and other children know the day i found out i was pregnant.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• With my last pregnancy I waited until I had a visible confirmation with the OB/specialist. They were 4 & 5. They were so unimpressed it was funny. They got more into it one we found out the the gender and I began to show.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:05 PM on May. 6, 2011