Does it ever seem like your daughter goes through PMS the same time you do?

Okay. First of all, my daughter is only four, but she displays signs of PMS almost every single month around the same time I'm about to get my period. She's just moody for no reason at all. She has constantly been crying all week about something. Doesn't matter what it is, she starts crying and I don't understand why she is so upset. But I realize she's like this just about every single month when I'm about to start my period.

So do young girls (even at the preschool age) go through PMS too?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 7:03 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Kids' Health

• you two share a strong bond, parent and child, woman and girl. Some girl children are more sensitive to their mothers than others. My daughter as a baby could be sound asleep and all it took was for me to THINK about her and she woke up.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 7:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm terrified of the time when she actually starts having a period. Because damn she is very moody. I should enroll her in lacrosse or something. Hockey. Something to help get her PMS aggression out so she doesn't take it out on me. lol
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 7:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well, when my daughter started having a period, it didn't take long before we were both on the same cycle...meaning we both started and finished at the same time. I didn't notice her having premenstrual syndrome prior to her having a period, but I sure noticed ALL of my kids were more annoying than normal...and more annoyed....I think though, that was my fault. I liked to spring clean during that time...they hated it. Live and learn I guess.. :)
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• yeah, the bond between mom and daughter is strong, and they react to your emotions, whether you show them or not. i work in a daycare, and we have one girl that acts out one week out of the month, and one girl that does nothing but cry about every little thing one week out of the month, and another that used to wet herself all the time that one week a month, even when she was doing good on potty training. my own daughter is moody that time too. only, poor kid, i have the symptoms a week prior to starting so i have 2 weeks to deal with, so then she does too.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:15 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It's weird cause I haven't even been moody! I've just been craving junk food. lol
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 7:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Interesting. Never thought about it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• yes, I've been saying that since she was born....lol, when i have PMS...seems like she does too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It has been proven that the Alpha female in the house will control the cycles of ALL the females in the house. I heard this a long time ago and most of the details are now fuzzy, but it really is something to do with hormones and pheromones?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:29 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I just remember learning in Health class that girls automatically start their hormonal cycle when they're born. So even as babies they can have pms without the period.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My daughter is not old enough but it is completely normal for that to happen.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:15 PM on May. 6, 2011