IVF Questions please answer

so im just wondering who has done IVF?? how many cycles did it take?? how many got pregnant on thier first cycle??? what is your IVF story? What were your worries? what were you feeling during you 2 week wait??

Ill be starting my journey soon so anyadvise you can give i will take.

Kambrosino07

Asked by Kambrosino07 at 7:04 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I did not get to IVF, but was doing injectable fertility drugs and was in a support group with many women. Some women were already doing IVF, some were just beginning their journeys.

The best advice I had gotten was to join a support group and to look into acupuncture at some point between collection and implantation I believe. It's been nearly 7 yrs since then, so it is a little hazy.

Find a really good clinic, one you trust and makes you feel comfortable. I had the luxury of being in the same city as one of the cutting most edge practices in the country. The doctors were very up front and explained everything - repeatedly if necessary. And I got pregnant, which was the end goal.

Good luck on your journey.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:29 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I did IVF. My story is long....8 years long! We TTC a few years then seeked medical help. Did 4 rounds on Clomid. Nothing. Then did 4 rounds of IUIs (3 with injectables)...nothing. Then took 2 years to pay off medical bills. Went back to the RE in 2007 for an IVF cycle. It wasn't easy, and the meds sent me into Hyperstimulation (sp). However, the cycle went on, and on my first try, I got PG with my son. Born January 2008. YAY!

We are currently going through a FET cycle. My transfer is Tuesday!! WOW!

There's a great group of women here on Cafemom- http://www.cafemom.com/group/1431

And feel free to contact me if you'll like.

Good luck!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• WOW thank you guys for sharing your stories with me!!! its kinda scary going through all of this
    Kambrosino07

Comment by Kambrosino07 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on May. 12, 2011