For the business Ladies!

So, My DH use to work with a guy named Paul. Well, Paul has been sent home and told not to go into work because they are SUPER slow right now. Paul has no car, and he continuously asks for a ride but really wants to start working with my on my business. Now, he has a million excuses. Do you think that he would just slow me down, or do you think he would do enough work to NOT be a burden!? Suggestions will be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Someone who has a million excuses will always have a million excuses. Hitch your wagon to a star, my mama used to say. He will slow you down. Why bother?
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yep! Why bother!!!! It would be hard to even consider him, I am sorry to say that.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If you weren't looking to hire someone before Paul came available, why would you suddenly have a job for someone now? Just to be nice? That would never turn out well.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:52 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would give him a shot if you think he is capable of performing well, but cut him at the first sign of trouble once/if he actually does start working. Don't wait around for him, don't let him drag you down...I guess you and your husband know better about what kind of worker he actually is.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• sounds like a burden
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thank you ladies. I didn't want to be the only one thinking that! It is something that everyone could do IF you are willing to work. I am always trying to expand though!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Sounds like a burden! If he REALLY wanted it, he would do it, not make excuses. You can't want it more then he does, which that's kind of what it sounds like.

I say cut your losses and move on.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:09 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Yeah I wouldn't bother......too many excuses means he's not a hard worker or dedicated and committed.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:23 AM on May. 7, 2011