If your child had leukemia what where the syptoms that concerned you first before it was diagosed?

My 3 yr old has been complaining of her left leg pain 2 weeks ago and did not want to walk during the day off an on for 3 days. Then again this morning. I hear growing pains are mostly at night only. She has a fever today but then might have slept with a little wet hair since she took a later shower yestuerday evening. I'm worried, but I'm trying not to panic. I did take her to the Dr twice already. If she begins to not want to walk again I'll insist on blood work. Gosh it's so hard when we have kids. We love them so much and we worry so much.

Thank you Ladies..God Bless you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you are worried and are not getting the answers you want from your doctor, you can contact the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for advice on how to think about it or what to do.

www.LLS.org
    (800) 955-4572

Hopefully this is just growing pains, but if your gut is telling you something else you should listen to it. Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My brother-in-law recently lost his life battling leukemia, and his very first symptom was feeling tired all the time, no energy. He would get tired just walking around in the grocery store. He was diagnosed with leukemia November 2010, and died April 2011.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• So very sorry for your loss ambr2006. To the OP I too have known people diagnosed with leukemia and the first sign was tiredness,
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My son was two and the fevers and anyone with infections made him sick he wa sick for almost five months before he went into pulminary arrest and almost died. He was tired but he was so little he could not verbalize those feelings.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:25 PM on May. 6, 2011

• was now he is seventeen and has been in remission for nine years.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I thank God daily that my kids have not been diasgnosed with anything quite as terrifying as luekemia, but my daughter (who's almost sixteen) had blood drawn this week and we're still waiting for results. She's been sick for a long time (it's a long story she has anemia and mono) and her doctor doesn't think it's any kind of leukemia but he said there was an off chance. Naturally, I freaked out when he said that and immediately did some research.

A lot of my daughter's symptoms match up (tiredness, palor, night sweats, loss of appetite, easy bruising), which is why the doctor mentioned leukemia in the first place. But I think and pray that these are just effects of her other conditions, not something more serious. I'm not a doctor, so I won't offer an opinion on your daughter, but I will pray that it's nothing serious. Good luck and God bless.

lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 11:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I will keep all of us in prayers!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Sounds like growing pains, DD went thru same thing.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:17 PM on May. 8, 2011