Jacks, Hop Scotch, Jump Rope and just running threw the sprinkler...

Summer was so much fun for me when I was a child...I never wanted to be indoors. I loved to jump on my pogo, play red rover and 4 square with the kids on the block...we enjoyed bike riding and roller skating...along with the others fun things mentioned in the title.
What did you do for fun in your childhood?

CallMeAngie

Asked by CallMeAngie at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My summers were like yours and I too loved every minute of it and was only inside if I HAD to be.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• riding bike, writing on sidewalks with chalk, swimming with cousins...
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:32 PM on May. 6, 2011

• rode my bike, played softball with my brothers, go exploring in the woods out back lol
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 7:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Summer soccer tournaments
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We'd make makeshift sail boats out of any old bit of this and that, then have races in the sidewalk gutters. My other games were freeze tag and statue maker! My nieces and nephew are not as creative though. Give them a rope and they just look at you. I tell them it's a jump rope and they still just give me the blank looks. If you can't plug it in to some sort of electrical outlet, it's just no fun to them!
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 7:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Pinwheel, I loved playing freeze tag, even if you were better at it than me. The kids hate to go outside because it's too hot....whine whine whine. We got tossed out and the door was locked....DRINK FROM THE HOSE...remember that? We'd have to leave the water running for a few minutes before it cooled down and stop tasting like plastic hose.
    CallMeAngie

Comment by CallMeAngie (original poster) at 8:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah, they wouldn't even let us in to go use the bathroom! "But my bladder is gunna dis-PLODE!!!"
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 8:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• hahahaha.. Yeah we were some hard core kids.
    CallMeAngie

Comment by CallMeAngie (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Freeze Tag,
    Tag,
    Hide and Seek,
    Riding Bikes,
    Swimming
    Going to the beach
    Just wandering around the neighborhood with my sisters
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We were water babies. We grew up on the lake and were in the water constantly. If not in the water, as we got older, on the water in the boat. Back yard baseball and football. Forts in the woods (we girls were out numbered 3:7 in my family, so we did a lot of "boy stuff" LOL). Walks, picking flowers, yard work, practicing gymnastics. Bon fires. Our parents basically called us in to "re-sunscreen" a couple times a day, eat, and then told us to get out. LOL. It isn't that way anymore for safety, but we had so much fun.

I am actually REALLY fortunate in that there is always a group of neighborhood kids outside here. Ages ranging from 5 to 12 and they all play together because they think it beats being trapped inside. The older girls watch out for the younger kids. I just feel bad that I don't want mine out unless I can be out there with them because of the billion sex offenders in our area.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:22 PM on May. 6, 2011