Meal planning

@JuicyJuiceUSA Bunch member

Anyone have ideas for meal planning you'd like to share? I have 20 month old twins.

ekgibson

Asked by ekgibson at 7:46 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Wish I could help I plan meals on a daily basis generally and my kids are older
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My kids eat whatever we do. Are you asking about meals for you and the children, or just the kids??
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:23 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It makes a HUGE difference! Not only does it save me calories, it saves me a TON of money on foods that don't get consumed. I've previously planned from the grocery store ads, which can be a good way to go. I plan each meal and snack (though my son gets hungry for snacks when he gets hungry, so I also keep healthy snacks prepared for him). This also gives me a chance to try out new recipes, and make sure I have everything I need. It takes me an hour or so a week to plan out the menu for the whole week, and I usually go to the store twice (one big trip, then a second for more fresh produce and perishables later in the week). We are flexible to some degree, like if something sounds better to eat, but it's planned for another day, we switch it up. It also helps me pack food for when we're out, which saves money and calories. I hope this helps! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 AM on May. 7, 2011