Whats a good age to potty train? adult content

Faith4110

Asked by Faith4110 at 8:25 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2-3 ish

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• There really isn't an age. Just when the child shows sign of readiness. I have successfully trained 2 girls and a boy.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:31 PM on May. 6, 2011

• what are some of the signs..?

Faith4110

Comment by Faith4110 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Not wanting to be wet, leading you to the potty, asking to go, wanting panties/underwear.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• When they're ready but my ped said they should be training by 3
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah I agree with Octobersmom if you wait too late it can be a huge hassle because they know they can mess with you about it. My most recent dd was totally trained by 22months and a friend of mine is trying to PT her almost 3yr old and is catching heck.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Whenever you want to! Little ones can learn VERY early to control their bladder - although the younger you start, the longer it takes. :) It really depends on why you want to start and how long you want to work with it. I had four children under four (now all 5 years and under) and wanted to decrease the diapers I was buying! Anyway, I started my daughter at 9 months and she was completely trained by 18 months. My boys took a little longer, but were trained by 2 years. If they aren't showing signs and you choose to start, be patient! Put him on the potty when he wakes up, before and after a bath, after meals, etc. Once you catch him actually going, you are on your way. Usually after I caught them going 2 or 3 times, they understood what they were supposed to do. The next thing was helping them learn when they needed to - that was the hard part.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• my daughter will be 2 in july and she started to pee in the potty all by herself last week. she is so proud of herself and she loved it when i praised her so now we have to potty dance everytime lol
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 9:25 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i dont think theres a actually age.. my neice is 3 and isnt but my 18 month son trys his hardest
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Wait until they show some pre potty signs like being interested. Seems to be around 2 or 3.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 9:46 PM on May. 6, 2011