Hubby on 2nd?

Does any one else have a husband who works 2nd shift, and do you hate it as much as I do? Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY thankful he has a good job, but it just feels like we don't get much time together with him on 2nd. Thank God we homeschool our kids, or he'd never see them! My friend and I started a "support group", W.O.S.S.-- Widows of Second Shift! Anyone else need to join?

Mishelly728

Asked by Mishelly728 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My hubby works graveyards....and I feel like a widow!! We rarely get family time anymore...especially these days on 6 day work weeks. UGH! Like you, I'm very thankful for his job, but I sure wish it was "normal" hours!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:00 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I HATED it when my hubby worked 2nd shift. the part I hated was that hubby got home after kids were in bed then he'd have to spend several hours winding down, thus he'd wake up about 2 hours before he had to be to work... add in shower and stuff and that meant absolutely no family time.

Anonymous

• my poor dh is a sahd...so i can work...we are swich rolls..he cooks cleans etc..but my hours are about to be 9pm to 7am..i fell sorry for him but at least the kids will be alseep..whooho for him.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My EMT works 24 hour shifts! Miss him like crazy!!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Mine works 3rd now, but for a little while he was on 2nd and I hated it! I thought for some reason it would be better than 3rd, but it was worse. I don't know what I'll do if he gets switched to 2nd again... he actually mentioned that today!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I actually liked it when hubby worked 2nd shift. I worked during the day, so we only needed a babysitter/daycare for 2-3 hours a day that our work overlapped. He spent the morning with her. I spent the evening. We all had weekends.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• hmmm....i didn't like when my DH worked 2nd. He worked from 3:30pm-9pm and it seemed like we never got to see each other, because he went to school from 8:00am-11:00pm, and I was at work. BUT we kinda got lucky when I was on split shift (7-12) (4-9), and we would spend time together at 12-3:00 when I was pregnant. Then after I had her, I moved to 7-4 shift, and he still got to see our DD because his g-ma would watch her in the morning until I came and got her. but I only saw him on his off days and weekends. Kinda sucked but we made due. (we weren't married or living together at this time.) Then about 6 months before we got married he got moved to 7am-3pm shift and i am able to be a stay at home mom....but I knew how you ladies feel...its suckes eggs...big goose eggs...lol
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 12:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I absolutely hate my husband working 2nd shift.. There really isn't any family time, I work 8-5, so we DON'T hardly see each other! And him working 1st I wish..
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was able to breast-feed my son because his dad worked 2nd shift. I would feed him before I left for work in the a.m., then Dad would bring him to my office and I would feed him again around 11am, then Dad would drop him off with me when he went to work at 2pm, so we didn't have to pay for daycare for about six months and that was great.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008