I need a nice way to explain why these women were not invited to my baby shower!!

So I do not get along with my step moms family. They are all just evil people. Well, my step mom is invited to my baby shower. No biggie. Well, tomorrow is my sisters bridal shower... and all of these women (her sisters, mom cousin) will be there. They like to start drama and be snipety... and I can just see them asking about my baby shower. What am I supposed to say??

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 8:43 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Small, intimate, and you had no input. How can they create drama from that?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Be honest and say that they aren't invited. If that won't work just say you already had it.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 8:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Maybe say you are trying to keep it small and intimate with just a very few people?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree with all the above !
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 8:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Say it is a small gathering and leave it at that. If they want to come, maybe your step mom could throw a shower for that side of the family.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'd say that this day is about your sister and you'd like to keep it that way. Then after the shower politely tell them that your sorry if you hurt their feelings however, the shower is going to be intaminte.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree with babybugsmama... This shower is all about your sister. if they say anything remind them of that. later you can tell them that you did not handle the invites for your shower since you did not throw your own shower and it was out of your control.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If they bring it up, just say that your friends planned a very small and intimate event, and you had no say, really, on invites.

??
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• it's better to keep the peace in the family, just tell them that it was out of your hands and your friends threw the shower and you did not even know the time or day, it is supposed to be a surprised anyways? right
    MAMI_D_5

Answer by MAMI_D_5 at 8:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• ? I invited my sister to my baby shower and my step mom! I did not invite my step moms sisters, mom, or cousin because I do not like them nor do they like me... they will be at my SISTERS bridal shower, and therefore I am asking this question in order to find a nice way to deal with it! lol, no meaness on my part!
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 9:01 PM on May. 6, 2011