Does anyones baby girl have a fused vigina?

my baby is 1 yr old and has a fused vigina. one dr told me it would go away before puberty...but gave me no other info. my new dr said it could lead to problems like a UTI or even problems associated with the kidneys. since my babies vigina is about 90% fused we had started a cream with estrogen in it, and it has already started opening up! its amazing, guess this really isnt a question. just curious if anyone else is dealing with this or has...

cnv13085

Asked by cnv13085 at 8:47 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was born this way. My mom was given a cream to put on me that would help things open up (probably the estrogen cream), and they did. I don't have any issues. =) Never had a UTI, and kidneys are fine. I'm 31. I hope that's some relief!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:59 AM on May. 7, 2011

• wow, i have never heard of that, i hope it gets better. =(
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• First I have ever heard of this. Make sure you are well informed, good luck.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Never heard of a fused vagina, but both of my girls had a fused labia and we used estrogen cream.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:19 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I have not went through this. I would try to get a lot more information from other doctors to make sure you are doing everything that can and should be done. Good luck with this:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Never heard of it before! I hope all goes well!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:52 PM on May. 6, 2011

• my Gfs baby does.. her doctor gave her hormone cream estrogen cream I believe.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My little sister had that my mom's doctor advised pulling on it gently with every diaper change and it opened eventually but she had a mild case it wasn't completely fused. I'd ask your doctor for more information
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My niece did. It took about 1 1/2 yrs, and now is completely open. It didn't seem to bother her much. Keep up with the cream. GL.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah, if you mean fused labia, then I have heard of this before, and have heard that the cream is the first and usually best treatment.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:31 PM on May. 6, 2011