Make up help?

I went to a Macy's department store today to buy lipgloss, but it was so expensive. The color looked wonderful on me, I usually can't wear color on my lips. So I'm trying to find any other product that has the same color...it's called

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss IMPULSIVE CORAL shimmer

Any help? I thought I could just to go Walmart and find another maybe cover girl lipgloss that's close to it, but I don't have the one from estee lauder to compare the two.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Nothinkwill compairtothe good stuff, but it's worth the buy :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 9:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• In my experience, the cheap crap doesn't compare in any way to the more expensive stuff. I won't buy makeup anymore unless I can afford a brand I like and trust, because I've spent WAY too much money on drugstore makeup that's not worth the money. I'd rather spend $30 on an eyeshadow pallette and get what I paid for, than $10 at a drugstore and have to replace it every few weeks, and the same goes for lips, face, etc. I've tried all the drugstore brands, and I'm not impressed at all, now that I've tried better stuff. Plus, I won't use makeup from a company that tests on animals, and most drugstore brands do.

Sorry for the rant, but honestly, I suggest you buy the one that you KNOW works for you, because you might end up spending more trying to find a cheaper one in the long run. Plus, more expensive brands tend to last longer, stay true to color better, not be as sticky, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• marykay.com to find a consultant in your area...she can help you!! our lipglosses are $13 with vitamin e in them.
    you can also message me, i will send you samples to play with if you can't find someone local to you
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:49 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Some of the best makeup I've had has been from the local drug store and some of the worst makeup I've had has been from the drugstore. If you like the lip gloss, splurge. Make up for it in another way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 7, 2011

• bump - I say treat yourself & buy it! : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:33 PM on May. 7, 2011

• If you can test your self but if not the "cheap" make up really isn't that different but go with the names you've heard of. I use to sell and do make up colorgirl is a nice line. GL
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 3:38 PM on May. 7, 2011

• i have to admit that lipgloss is a world of its own , i dont like sticky gooey , i like smooth and gloss with out the stickies , and one that is really good is covergirl and it is only 4 bucks and bonnie bell , they are outstanding , but girl if ya like the high end stuff enjoy , if ya dont liek the way it taste or feels try something else , alot of high end stuff really sucks and drug store is just as good , and i ama pro makeup artist and have worked for chanel , mac and dior , it is all in what you like in a gloss , actually occ make very pigmented lip gloss that is to die for ,
    MyPinkRainbow

Answer by MyPinkRainbow at 1:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I love the glosses at Ulta, they have tons of colors, if it's in style right now they should have a cheaper alternative.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 11:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would stick with what you know because sometimes you get what you pay for. Not always so I guess it would be worth a try. Walmart isn't too kind to returning makeup if doesn't work out neither.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Try Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Peony.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 2:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011