Does anyone take MARRIAGE seriously anymore?

It seems nowadays it's just some big game or something that people try out just to see what it would be like or where it will take them. I mean seriously what's the deal?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I know I take it very seriously, but I am totally with ya here... my sister is marrying a guy she has known for 2 weeks. YIKES!!! Wedding is in a month...and wow... I just cannot tell you how crazy it is. If only I had the time to share all the juicy detail!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• marriage is serious business thats why you will never see me doing it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My husband and I are happy that we will never have to go through a divorce. We are committed completely- regardless of what the future holds for us. The only way I would consider a divorce would be if my husband somehow became an abusive to myself or my children.
    Anonymous

• Marriage is a serious commitment for me. I have to wonder if the divorce rate is so high because kids grow up with parents who are divorced. I mean, are you more likely to get a divorce if your parents divorced? I would think so.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• What's the rate of divorce now? Over 51%!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Sad but true. I'm not sure what is up with people and their lack of commitment.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i think we are all in love with having the wedding of our dreams and after that...we think problems will work their way out? i myself am happy but i worry everyday if my husband is. :(
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 9:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• You would stay in a marriage if your husband cheated on you? Was physically, verbally, and/or emotionally abusive? What about if hubs was a drug addict? Alcoholic? Decided to quit working and lay around and not help with anything? You would all be willing to tolerate that? Really, well let us know how you handle it if any of these scenarios plays out in your life.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I took mine very seriously, he didn't. He wanted to play house and have the trophy wife and kids that were only to be shown off and hidden when not in use for public bragging. After 8 years of trying to be more than his personal trophy and watching our kids become part of his new trophy collection I put my foot down.. he didn't agree to a family life and just wanted to be single until important family events came around.. Now he is single.. BUT I tried everything to make it work, even being the 50's wife.. no go! IF i ever get remarried (doubtful) I won't just settle because people expect me to again, I'll make sure we are happy and know eachother enough to STAY married. It's not a game and not everyone can be married.
    Anonymous

• Well, I am divorced because of my ex-husband's verbal and emotional abuse. I took my marriage seriously, but I also take my son's growth and well-being seriously and ending my marriage was the right thing for me to do.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:09 PM on May. 6, 2011