Ever feel overwhelmed as a mom?

This quote is from the autobiography of Elizabeth Stanton (one of the women incharge of the Seneca Falls):

"up to this time (motherhod) life had glided by with comparative ease, but now the real struggle was upon me. My duties were too numerous and varied, and not sufficiently exhilarating or intellectual to bring into play my higher faculties. I suffered with mental hunger which, like an empty stomach, is very depressing. Cleanliness, order, the love of the beautiful artistic, all faded away in the struggle to accomplish what was absolutely necessary from hour to hour."

I could have never said these sentiments so perfectly. Anybody else feel this way?

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• Abosutely. Well said. Sometimes my brain feels like it's starving for intellectual conversation. After doing all my daily things.
    Anonymous

• All the time. Fortunately my DH knows when I'm TO THAT POINT and steps in to give me a break!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• all the time its hard being a mommy with or in this sick world
    miamimom2

Answer by miamimom2 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• And let the church say AMEN! Aptly put!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008