Garage Sales!!

What have you picked up from garage sales this year? It finally got nice enough to hit up a few today and I got everything I was looking for!

Kids pajamas, rain boots, little people set and a plastic yard toy for $3!
I can't believe how expensive some sales are and how cheap others can be!!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:03 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• We got a wonderful wooden glider (that I am sitting in now) for $25.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:18 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We just HAD a garage sale. (Personally Ive never been. but will start next week! FOR SURE!)
    Prices- We just put out what we think we would buy at a garage sale. I think we under priced some things (my baby/kid shoes was picked up within 2hrs! And there was A-L-O-T! $1each.).. But other things we may have priced to high. I put out a DLink (wireless router) for $10 & thought it would sell but nope..
    It was me/my sis/my mom ..I made ~ $500 (baby stuff).. Sis made ~ 150..Mom ~ $400 .In less than 2 days!

It will be many years b4 I do another garage sale, its so stressful dealing with the bad people (but the nice/respectful people u just wanna hug & are thankful for!). People stealing & using their kids to do it. being rude & disrespectful. Changing stickers to get a "deal".. making a TOTAL mess .. and more!
    The 1st day I was so strung up, I was emotionally drained. Didnt know if i wanted to cry or scream!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I haven't gotten anything really good lately, but last spring I bought a papasan chair for $5, a pillow pet that was brand new for $1, and TON of clothes for less than $5, and my DH is still wearing most of those clothes now!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It hasn't been nice enough here yet. I'M SO JEALOUS!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I haven't been to one yet, I need someone to go with me, I don't really like to go by myself,. But other than that I use to love to go, I'd get lots of good stuff. .
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:44 AM on May. 7, 2011