So at first they thought it was hearing problem then auditory processing now not sure where i go from here?

My son is constantly saying....huuh ma'am, huuh ma'am! he seems like he has hearing problems and he is severe adhd but they say it is def. not that. then they test his hearing and it's PERFECT! What! Then maybe Auditory Processing? They test him and say no? Now what? Anyone else had similar experience? BTW he does have adhd, tourette's, and he is dyslexic though i think none of these are the problem. I feel in my gut something is wrong.

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 9:11 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I WOULD NOT LISTEN TO THE SCHOOL..THEY HAD ME DOING THE RUN AROUND FOR 5+ YEARS! IT GOT VERY FRUSTRATING SERIOUSLY FROM EXPERIENCE TAKE HIM TO A REAL AUDIOLOGIST AND PEDIATRICIAN. THEY ARE CLUELESS. THEY FIRST TOLD ME MY SON WAS LEARNING DISABLED THEN IT SWITCHED FROM LEARNING DISABLED TO A HEARING PROBLEM THAT WAS RULED OUT PASSED THAT WITH FLYING COLORS. THEN I WAS TOLD IT WAS CENTRAL AUDITORY PROCESSING DISORDER THEN THEY HAD ANOTHER THOUGHT THAT HE MAY HAVE ADD ON TOP OF IT WELL THAT WAS RULED OUT THEN THEY THOUGHT HE HAD AUTISM WHICH I NEVER AGREED WITH. FINALLY HIS LAST AUDIOLOGY VISIT IT WAS RULED OUT HE DON'T HAVE CAPD OR ADD OR A LEARNING DISABILITY THIS IS ALL FROM THE SCHOOL DISTRICT AUDIOLOGIST SHE HAD ME CONFUSED FOR YEARS!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:18 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Maybe the ADHD is a misdiagnosis and he's actually at a different place on the autism spectrum? I hope you get get your pediatricians to listen to your mommy intuition and figure out what's going on with your DS.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 10:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• T;URNS OUT HE JUST DIDN'T WANT TO DO THE WORK HE HAD NO DISABILITIES WHATSOEVER!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:19 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Thanks ladies! He homeschools and he has been to audiologist and pediatric neuro and regular ped. I also have a son on the spectrum so i kinda know what to look for and he def. doesn't have anything like that. Thanks so much guys!
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on May. 7, 2011