BFP or...?

Some of you may recall a few months ago, I was several weeks late and believed I could have been pregnant. I wasn't at the time, but during my ordeal I purchased several pregnancy tests. I had one of them left, so yesterday just as a "HA HA HA! Wouldn't that be hilarious???" I decided to pee on it.

Well, within seconds, a very faint line began to take shape. Last time I took these tests, it would appear positive for several seconds as the dye streaked across the screen, but when it fully dried the second line would go away and it would appear as a negative result. I expected this to occur again this time since we've been careful, especially after my "scare" the other month.

The line did not go away. It remained. Very, very faint...but definitely there.

You know how when you are trying to get pregnant and you want SOOOO badly to see a line there that you look at the stick from 500 different angles hoping you'll see some tiny remnant of a line? You squint and hold it up to the bathroom light and then take it outside and then flip it upside down? I did that too, only in reverse. I kept moving it this way and that way hoping the stupid little line would suddenly cease to exist. This didn't work. The line was quite obviously still there. Taunting me with its blueness. I showed the stick to DH, hoping he'd tell me my eyes were bad. He saw it too. Phooey.

I didn't want to spend days trying to decipher if the "any line counts" rule is valid, so I went out and bought a digital pregnancy test. The results said I wasn't pregnant.

So... which test would you believe? Yes, I know the rules. Any line is positive. The second test may not have been as sensitive. Blah, blah, blah. Just tell me the second test was right anyway. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• "the second test was right"

That's what you want to hear, right? :)

Good luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I hope you get the result that you want. I would get another test, wait a few days and test when you first wake up since that is when your pee is more concentrated. If all else fails ask your dr for a blood test.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:22 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Take another one in the morning, but since you peed on the one first thing in the morning the hormones were more concentrated then the one you peed on later in the day. You could try to hold it for 4 5 hour and try again or just get a good one and take in first thing in the morning. But like you said a lines a line and you are probably pregnant. Good luck!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Rip that digital test apart and see what the inside stick says. If there are two lines, you are pregnant.I have not had great results with digitals when I tested early. If the line is faint, it wont register. I actually prefer the traditional tests so I can see the lines.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• that digital test will only work with fmu..reason being if you are not that far along it wont show very well..i took mine the first time got a positive..then took another one 5min later it said no..well after waiting til the next morning it was positive again..and well i was def preggo cause i have a 15mnth old dd now! WAit and test again!!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:21 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Wait...Mom to 3 girls... are effin serious? Like...if there is a line inside it's positive???? I thought I read that wasn't true??? Has that happened to you? I ask because it was one of those where you stick the testing strip in a reader and then eject it out. When I ejected it, there WERE two lines there and I thought "Oh funny, if this was a test strip using two lines, that would totally be positive!" I think it was peeonastick.com which said to regard it as negative though....? WTF!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on May. 6, 2011