Is it odd for a petite 18 month old to still be a little wobbly when walking? She can run but sometimes she has to catch her balance.

She is 18 months and 19 lbs. Runs after the dog and me. When she stands with her juice it seems like she needs to get her balance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah that's normal
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:23 PM on May. 6, 2011

• totally normal. They don't get really good at running, etc. until well into their second year.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:23 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Very normal my 2 1/1 year old still falls over herself, takes time to learn to walk and run.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• my son is also 18 months old but wes 28.6 pounds.... hes a monster but he falls all the time especially chasing his brother
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thank you so much ladies for the quick responses! My doctor has scared me about her weight and I don't take her anymore because she basically said I was not a good mom for her weight being low too. Really? Just because she doesn' t follow your chart and she eats when she is hungry and stops when she is full must be a new concept to you but WAIT! I couldn't tell you that because you were only in the room 5 minutes with me when you found out I had Medicaid. She is 31 inches, 19 lbs and doing well.....yes, its called being petite
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• well my dd is 15mnths weighs 18lbs and was 2lb 1oz when she was born and her dr considers her normal..and yes she does have the same balance issue..i would of told that dr a good thought if they have of even hinted that i was a bad mother..i think its perfectly normal
    Anonymous

• I hate bad pediatricians. Just because you're on Medicaid doesn't mean you should get crappy service, as I recall Medicaid patients should be getting EXTRA help and support.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Toddlers are called toddlers for a reason, they weeble, they wobble, and they toddle. It is completely normal.
    jenmerk

Answer by jenmerk at 1:05 AM on May. 7, 2011

• yeah i would say thats normal. if it will help put u at ease talk to her dr about it
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:37 PM on May. 7, 2011