Question about flowers being delivered

My mom lives a couple of hours away and being 37 weeks pregnant, I will not be able to go see her for mother's day. So, the other day, I contacted this flower shop near her and ordered flowers to be delivered tomorrow morning. The flower shop is only open from 8am-noon and closed Sunday. Well, my mom just informed me that she called called into work tomorrow to work 7am-3pm. Do you think if they drop the flowers off at her front door, they will be ok outside until she gets home from work at 4?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:23 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Is it a plant or cut flowers? Does she have a hot sunny step or in the shade? Other option is have them delivered to her work. Depending on the Florist, and your specific instructions, they may help accommodate you.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 9:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah they should be ok.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes, I do the same thing for my mom. The florist leaves them on the back porch. She's come to expect it this time of the year, I think. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would think so...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I think so
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:32 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My DD sent me flowers yesterday. I didn't get home till almost 5 & they were just fine.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• They should be fine this is what they do for a living. Usually they try to put them where they will be out of the direct sun light. Sometimes the will leave them with a neighbor. If you are trying to surprise her, you may have to let her in on it.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:13 AM on May. 7, 2011

• They should be OK, but can you call to see if they could take them to a neighbor just in case?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2011

• see if they can deliver them as late as possible and put them in a shady spot blocked fromt he wind.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 1:23 PM on May. 7, 2011

• they should be OK but if you want to feel safe maybe have a neighbor near by pick them up till she comes home
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:56 PM on May. 7, 2011