PLACENTA PREVIA WITH PLACENTA ABRUPTION 16 weeks!!! NEED ADVICE!!! BIG TIME!!!!

So i finally saw a dr who wasnt a jackass (excuse my language). My first dr kept telling me the pain and bleeding that didnt goe away and just got worse was normal well it turns out i have complete placenta previa and a tear that is just above the cervix, plus on top of all that i just found out i mave hyper thyroidism which both my sisters have one of which delivered my nephew at 29 weeks because she was unaware of the condition and spent 3 months in the nicu well i guess what i am asking is how many of you have had this or know of someone who did and went on to have normal healthy pregnancies i am petrified i saw what my sister went threw with my nephew and i guess i could if i had to but i am not sure i could handle seeing my baby going threw that.
They told me it was possible for it to move but since i am already 16 weeks and it is still completly covering the cervix that they doubt it will. i am fine with a c section since i was already going to get my tubes tied with this one and the first dr didnt want to have a surgery when it could be done during a csection. they saw that the baby was very healthy. but i am so scared of hemmorageing(spelling) .
Any Advice is welcome.

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 9:24 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I will pray for you and a healthy pregnancy. I hope all goes well for you and your baby:) >>Hugs<
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• hugsGL!

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I had previa with both my pregnancies. With the first one, I had ALOT of bleeding in the first trimester. I was put on activity restriction. No exercise, no sex. The previs wound up clearing up probably around wk 25.

The second was a complete previa. I was on restriction again, and my doc had me decide on a plan to bank blood from a relative with a blood match in case of abrupto during delivery. Luckily, it cleared around wk 35!!!

Both deliveries were C's and I carried both to term. I was fine and they were very healthy.

Hugs mama!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I had placenta previa and a lot of bleeding. I found out at 11 weeks I had it. The doctor gave me the hydro-progesterone shot and promethium to stop the bleeding and stop my body from trying to miscarry. With lots and lots of prayer (the hardest I have ever in my life prayed), the previa moved to where its suppose to be. I am still high risk b/c I have a lot of internal bleeding and even though the previa moved, there is still a small 3 cm blood clot. The baby is head down and the doctor said I can deliver vaginally. Everything with the baby looks fine, the doctor said the only thing that could possibly go wrong now is I could have a hard time delivering the placenta, but she specializes in maternal & fetal medicine, so she said she is trained more than a normal OBGYN to do it right. I really hope everything works out for you like it did me. You still have a good way to go, so there is time for it to still move.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I was, however, told to consider not having more children. SInce it was twice an issue, the chances of it happening again were very high.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• this is my third pregnancy and the other two my little girls were healthy normal pregnancies i am having a tubal done after this one because 3 is enough lol but i am just scared espesially with both the previa and the abruption i have been taking it easy and prayin with everything i have but i am just terrified, especially now that i know i have my little boy i have been trying for lol i just dont want to lose him.
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I had previa but not the bleeding. Mine moved away from the birth canal before I gave birth to my DS #1.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:22 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Hi honey.. I've read that most of these clear up before delivery when discovered so early.
    Especially in the third trimester because the bottom portion of the uterus grows/expands at a faster rate than the placenta grows.
    Everything I've read says we have about a 90% chance of it going away before delivery.

Is it an abruptia with a hemmorage? If so, again, that can heal. A hemmorage/tear in your uterus carries a lot of risks and can either hel, stay the same, or grow wider. A perinatologist is often called in in situations like yours. (I have a similar situation as you and am 16 weeks, 2 days). Bed rest and relaxation can help.

It IS scary - but I pray you will be okay. This is the third pregnancy for me as well, and I am tentatively scheduled for a tubal also.

For the previa, my understanding is most of them heal before 38-40 weeks, and many around 22 weeks (yes, even full ones like ours :-)
    For the tear, many heal. Hugs
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 1:57 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Ps: if the previa doesn't heal up by delivery, you'll require a c-section for a full previa. From what I've been told by my doctors, and perinatologist, as well as what is available on medical web-sites, previa, itself, even if symptomatic, doesn't pose a direct health risk to the baby. It's moreso a danger to you and the baby during delivery than before.. UNLESS you lose a great deal of blood.

The tear, though, can cause hemmorage and require a blood transfusion (I've had two), and cause anemia. That is dangerous to the baby (anemia) but otherwise the tear being near your cervix is far from baby and really won't directly affect him at this time, as long as you avoid anemia and true hemmorage. I do pray this heals for you. I was diagnosed at 13 weeks w previa and it turned out the bleeding was actually from the hemmorage (tear) I was diagnosed with at 14.5 weeks.

Thankfully, by a week ago my symptoms went away :)
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 2:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Update - my symptoms came back in late may and June. I was hospitalized twice, with several transfusions.
    I prayed like crazy and a friend started a fb prayer group and low and behold the baby thrIved and I healed -- against medical expectations and statistics. It was around 24 weeks that the FULL PREVIA cleared up. The abruptia also stopped bleeding.
    I went part of June, all of July, and the majority of August without any symptoms at all - but from April-July I was on STRICT BEDREST and in August I was on MODIFIED BEDREST (all with pelvic rest).

So I don't know about healthy and normal but at least baby has been! (that isn't the norm for cases with severe hemmoraging like mine was - several massive (400-600) clots per day every day, morning and night.)
    Now the abruptia, is back. I am back on bedrest but we've made it to 31 weeks today!

My suggestion is to take an excellent prenatal & Floridix, eat healing foods, and PRAY.
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 7:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2011