Research paper topic

hi all i have a dilemma...i am taking a class in the summer and i have to write a 10page paper on a topic that deals with medical ethics. i can't decide.
so i thought maybe some here can help me out. here are the choices i have so far.
physician assisted suicide
embryotic stem cell research
vaccinations

and if anyone has anything else that would be enough to write about it would be fantastic. thanks for the help.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:31 PM on May. 6, 2011 in

• Vaccinations is perfect because you can talk about how the companies distributing/developing the product are driving doctors to use it. The hepitites shot given to babies is a perfect example.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• With all the talk about vaccinations and a theorized link to autism I think that would be interesting. Stem cell research is an amazing subject. Actually all three have a lot of information. So just choose one that interests you the most

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Try to find something close to you, something that you can write passionately about. Do you suffer from anything personally or a member of your family? Can you find a topic that would address this?
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would go with the Vacs as well.....are you in nursing school? You sound like you are...my husband is going through all this stuff right now too..lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• well orignally i was set on physician assited suicide but then i thought about it more and more and now i am stuck.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:38 PM on May. 6, 2011

• no i am studying vacascular technology. no i do not suffer from anything or my family. but i do beleive in vaccinations and stem cell research and physician assisted suicide i am on the fence about but its not that. i like all three topics. i do know alot of people with cancer and they say that embryotic stem cell might be able to cure that one day. but again i am a mother and the whole vaccination issue is close to me also.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My topic was should older children (early-late teens) with terminal illness have the right to choose if they want to continue with medical treatment.
    You could do also do routine infant circumcision....is it a violation of human rights?
    Homebirth....should women have the right to choose homebirth or should it be illegal?
    Doctors in the military during war..."First do no harm?"
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Another good one might be elective c-sections...should women have the right to choose a c/s with no medical indication even though it increases the risks?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• thanks for the suggestions.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• That is a huge subject with a ton of good options. I think you would be very able to get 10 pages out of any of those topics, but then again, after a billion research papers, I can write 20 pages about nothing at all. LOL.

**Patient privacy and HIPPA?
    **Patient billing?
    **Experimental Treatment?
    **I forget what they call the "non traditional" uses for medication to treat things they weren't designed for

Lots of viable options!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:58 PM on May. 6, 2011