Do you sometimes feel there is too much "hype" about Mother's Day leaving you feeling let down?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 10:05 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Holidays

• I am getting nothing for mothers day so far I have given money away and helped others so its all good it helps me grateful for what I have.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Sometimes,but I always went out of my way to make my moms day extra special,I use to clean and help with dinner set the table and put out flowers and make cards for her,sometimes my brother and I would go mow lawns and buy her something he and I would agree on. My kids and husband seem to think it's kids day and dads day.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't feel that way. I have flowers delivered to my mother every year. As for my girls, I tell them to take the money they would have spent on me and get themselves something they need. I tell my daughter Happy Mother's Day and leave it at that. We don't do anything like meals or anything.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm finding myself getting very bitter and grumpy this year whenever I even SEE a commercial about Mother's Day. I'm not getting anything, that I know of, and I'm hating it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:38 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I could care less if I get anything for Mother's Day, my birthday, Christmas, Valentines etc.. I have never cared, most are just made up days for commercial gain (spending).. Hubby has asked me for 19 years for all those occasions what I would like or want and I tell him the same thing.. nothing LOL...

Him and the kids always acknowledge those days and that puts a smile on my face, no gift needed for me :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:18 PM on May. 6, 2011

• YES, YES & YES!! All I really want and I want it on more than one Sunday a year is a peaceful house where they don't argue and pick at eachother. I want to sit and ENJOY everyone's company without having to cook, nag about homework or clean. But it is such a bummer that i have to make a point to ask for that. I don't want flowers, they die. In fact, I never want flowers. (plants are ok!) So peace and harmony and a true appreciation for all that a mom does for everyone, tirelessly and without complaint. (I guess I needed to get that off my chest too!)
    got2boyztoo

Answer by got2boyztoo at 11:29 PM on May. 6, 2011

• sometimes i feel like its just another day
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:52 PM on May. 23, 2011