Can I get pregnant having the IUD?

I have been using the IUD for the last 3 months ill like to know if theres any chance I might get pregnant my husband n I dont use any other protection.

LinaG02

Asked by LinaG02 at 10:13 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• The only 100% safe way to avoid pregnancy is to avoid sex.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Why don't you look at the risks on the website. YES, you can get pregnant, it will most likely end in late term miscarriage. If you do get pregnant it can cause you to loose your fertility, the IUD can go through your uterus too and it causes PID.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:21 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Are There Side Effects Associated With IUDs?

IUDs rarely cause serious side effects when used in a monogamous relationship (having only one sex partner). Side effects include pelvic inflammatory disease, painful and heavy periods, backaches, and headaches. In some cases, the IUD can penetrate the uterus and in very rare cases, the IUD can end up outside the uterus in the pelvis. Discuss these side effects with your doctor.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 10:24 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes. I did, twice
    Anonymous

• Oh and um, matthewscandi, I HAVE HAD 2 HEALTH PREGNANCIES AND BIRTHS. I did not have a miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• yes it is possible and it can lead to miscarriage but doesn't mean that it will or that you will.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i have the copper iud. i have had it in for a little over 3 years, its good for 10, and i havent had any issues with it at all. i havent gotten pregnet on it and we dont use condoms due to my laytex allergy lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2011