Dh is annoying me!

I love my husband but I feel very lonely lately. He works 50-60 hours a week. I understand he is tired after work but he comes home , eats then is on his phone playing games until he falls asleep. Just like tonight, I wanted to go on a walk or out to just get out of the house ( stay at home mom ) but he says he is too tired. But he volunteered to go into work tomorrow for a half day. I have no friends here , and I am so lonely. I have told him how I feel but he gets pissy and says he is tired and doesn't want to talk about it. Thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand how you feel. And it's ok to vent...feel free! that's what this site is for: support for moms :)
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 10:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• gee are you sure you dont live at my house its the same exact way..i feel your pain!
    Anonymous

• Well I guess I'm not the only one. It's really getting on my nerves.... I wanna smash that stupid phone and remote!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Mine tells me its my fault for not having friends (sometimes). Yes, I have actually TRIED to find friends. He's finally come to realize he's part of the problem because of his work schedule.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Maybe he is stressed. That is a lot of working he is doing. I know your saying your lonely but try to find out if there is anything bothering him. Don't make it about yourself too much. I know how hard being a SAHM can be sometimes we can lose ourselves. You need that adult interaction. Do you dress up for him? That may help.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I have tried to find friends too but I am not into drama like most girls here
    And it's a little town where everyone knows everyone ( except me!) and dh grew up here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Jayroo- no I don't dress up for him because we live hand to mouth( minimumwage) and I haven't been shopping in years. Even if I did he wouldn't look up from his phone to notice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i understand how you feel completely. my husband works the same hours and sleeps eats video games and work but i really do look forward to his days off. keep your head up it will get better. try joining a hobby class or something. just something to keep you busy when your feeling lonely instead of cleaning the house. when your busy it takes your mind off and just try to discuss planning something in advance with him and the kids. that way its already planned and not spur of the moment.
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 10:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I dont mean get all glammed up. I mean sometimes when women are SAHM, they are in their pj's from the time their hubby goes to work until he comes home. I see it all the time. I live in navy housing where most of the women stay at home sitting around in pj's all day. Im quite sure a man doesn't want to see the woman they love just let go of themselves. It could also bring some good self esteem to yourself if your feeling down. I know it can be frustrating to not have the attention you want. I really don't know what else to say but try and see whats wrong with him. It sounds like he is feeling down too. Maybe depressed and tired.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Omg same here with the work,playing the games on the phone,and then going to sleep almost everything just haven't had baby yet but i know how u feel.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2011