My daughter asked me a couple weeks ago if she could were makeup and if she could have a cellphone.What should i do? adult content

she is about to be 12 on the 26 of mayfingers crossed

Carrigan

Asked by Carrigan at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• How old is she?
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well, that depends on if she is 9 or 12. I'm assuming she's in there somewhere since that's the age group you picked. And then it depends on how you feel about those subjects. You might want to add a little more info.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 10:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Cell phones I think are okay if you let her go off with her friends so it can be used for emergencies. Maybe a prepaid phone. Make up, shouldn't be able to wear it until she can afford to buy it. JMO!
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would probably just say no to both for now. I really believe that childen need some things to look forward to and should just be children for a while. There's a whole lifetime of having to be a responsible adult and I think children should just be children while they can.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well if she is in the 9-12 year range.. I would think about getting a phone that has parental security, no texting (yet) and a spending limit!!. The great thing about it is you can get lookout app. installed which could pinpoint her gps if you were worried or she had her phone lost stolen.. And the makeup lol I dont know. My daughter is 2 and im already dreading that. I would allow any eyeliner, dark lipstick, mascara. Maybe just light eyeshadow and lip gloss??? Hope that gave u ideas lol
    Madismommy711

Answer by Madismommy711 at 10:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree completely with NannyB!! Nuff said :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• well i am just not looking forward to getting her anything because she doesnt do chores and she gets grounded ALL the time and her birthday is may 26,1999 and i just dont know what to do becaus ewith all of the stuff that is going on in the world i mean god forbid that something happen like i wont let her have;highlights, cell phone, makeup, and i barely let her go out with friends but also i wont let her transfer school buses because this kid at there school got arrested for crack and uggg the world is soooooo dreadful but i caught her sneakin her DSi and mp3 to school and i dont know what to do
    Carrigan

Comment by Carrigan (original poster) at 10:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My 13 yr old is allowed light make up but not for school. She is not allowed a cell-phone.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• when you say light make up like where is she allowed to wear it
    Carrigan

Comment by Carrigan (original poster) at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If she is breaking rules and not helping out why in the world would you give her more things to push the limits with?

If she is sneaking her DSi and MP3 to school do you think she will follow the cell phone rules? If it is yes, then get her a prepaid phone to start. My 11 & 13 yr olds don't have their own phones. There is an extra that they are allowed to take if they have a game after school or when they are out with friends. It doesn't go without me knowing about it and there is to be no texting.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:12 PM on May. 6, 2011