what is the best lotion or thing to use to help prevent stretch marks?

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Curel's Motherhood and Pregnancy works really good for me. I got some wicked red stretches on my belly and I have been using it ever since, and now they're fading pretty fast. Others will say Cocoa Butter (it may work but the smell makes me sick, so I don't use it too often). I have also heard Bio-Oil. ALSO vitamin E gel capsules are supposed to work too, if you puncture them and squeeze the oil onto the marks. I just bought a bottle of the oil, and use Q-tips to apply it so I don't waste the oil in the pills and its not so messy. Good luck and hope you find what works for you!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i used shae's cocoa butter with some vitamin. i can't remember for sure but i wanna say its e
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• SHEA CO-CO BUTTER- OR - AMBI I AM NOT SURE IF YOU ARE BLACK OR WHITE OR EITHER. BUT IT MAY MAKE YOUR SKIN TONE A BIT GOLDEN IF YOU ARE WHITE. TRY IT
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 12:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• P.S. I HOPE I DIDN'T OFFEND YOU
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 12:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You cannot prevent stretch marks, it depends on your skin type and how big you get. The lotions help for them to "go away' or be less obvious AFTER you have your baby and lose the weight. EX. my one friend lathered up religiously, got them anyways - my other buddy and I, lotion kinda whenever - none. Oh, I use Udder Cream. Good luck tho!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Actually the lotions are better in preventing them then they are AFTER you already have them. You need to read up. No offense. Yes they can "help" with stretch marks but that does not mean they will prevent them completely but they will do some good. Stretch marks are hereditary so if your mom has them bad you will but as time goes by they will fade significantly so don't panic at first. I used Palmer's Cocoa butter, my mom used Cocoa butter and my sister didn't use anything. Guess who ended up with worse stretch marks?

Continued.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My sister. Also another thing I did. I bought some vitamin E gel capsules. Cocoa butter cream, cocoa butter lotion, bio oil and dove intensive firming lotion with ELASTIN. Elastin is what helps the skin stretch so you won't get stretch marks. I put all of these in a bottle together and mixed them. I don't have bad stretch marks. You can buy all these at Wal- Mart and the bio oil at Rite Aid. If you don't want to do that at least get the dove.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Oh and if you buy the E gels you have to squeeze the gel out of them into the bottle. Don't put the whole pill in there lol. Those work good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2008