How many books do your kids have? And how many do they actually want to read?

Mine probably have 125-150 and I have read Purplicious, multiple times, every. day. this. week. EGH!! Pick a new one! LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:56 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would say between the two of mine they probably had 350 books, What aged children do you have?
    theoutsider13

Answer by theoutsider13 at 10:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• A lot , but then we are a bookish family . They also use the public library . They spend more time reading books than watching television but then so do I .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:00 PM on May. 6, 2011

• The younger two probably have 300 or so. The oldest has at least 500, there is no place to put them all. We need to go through his and put away the ones his brothers will read and donate the rest.

My husband is a writer and wants to be a librarian, so he has a ton of books too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:01 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We have books upon books upon books. I bet we have over 500 children's books, easy. I started collecting them when I was in college and decided to become a reading teacher. So, I do take some of them back and forth to work, but still...we do not have room for so many books. My 6 year old reads all sorts of books, but my 3 year old will only read a book if it has a train in it. Just today I had to read the Polar Express yet again. I keep trying to tell him that that book is supposed to be just for Christmas time...lol. I was thrilled earlier this week when he let me read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to him...even though there isn't a train in it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yikes, mine only have 50-75... But they read 95% of them. They both like Horton hatches a who right now. But by the sounds of it, I Ned to go buy them some more. They are only 20 months and 3... But dang I got some catching up to do to get anywhere near some of you ladies!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Mommy H2.... What if you made a bookmark with a train on it and let him hold it while you read other stories?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Mine are 5 and 2.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Mommy H2 OMG My son reads that book every night!!! lol. We must have 150-200!! He will read a handful daily he is 3 1/2
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 11:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We have TONS of books! Daddy and I are always encouraging oldest to read different books. I told her I want her to read books I've not gotten a chance to read yet.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• 20 or so, but DD1 is rough on books. I don't understand why. When I was her age, I already knew how to read and loved to take care of my books. She, however, loves to rip them or scribble in them, only occasionally wanting them read to her. I tried to make book-reading a nighttime ritual, but she would yell out me to quit reading or she'd yank the book out of my hands or want a different book even if I let her pick the book out.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 11:13 PM on May. 6, 2011