Toddler potty enthusiasm.

My 2 1/2 year old son is VERY interested in going potty. I think he might be starting to understand when he needs to go, but he seems to have performance anxiety. lol. He is well aware that he is gone and asks to go potty AFTER he has already done the deed, that's with #1 or #2. He is starting to get it, but I am a little overwhelmed at how to do this whole potty training thing. I don't want it to last forever, but I don't want to lose this golden opportunity. How do I help him learn faster and motivate him to go in the potty? He loves the process of sitting, wiping, flushing, etc., but isn't making the actual "messes" lol.

I do have some training pants, but frankly I'm scared to use them. They're cloth and we have to wash at a laundromat. Disposable pullups are so expensive. Are they really worth it? Will they help him learn that he needs to go, or am I just wasting money?

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 11:10 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Out side of pull ups giving them the idea of underwear they are not worth the money have you tried an award system like a sticker chart or giving him a treat if he goes or a toy. With my son it is a combination of all three we have a sticker chart he gets 3 M&Ms every time he goes and if he gets so many stickers in a week he gets a toy of some kind. Remember don't push cause he could start to revert. Good luck.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:53 PM on May. 6, 2011