How soon after a miscarriage can you get pregnant? How soon is it safe to have sex after a m/c?

I had a m/c a week ago...i just stopped bleeding heavy and now its just light...i feel fine...if i was to get pregnant soon again would that mean another m/c would happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My dr.told me to wait for 3 periods to try to get preg. again but if it happened before then it wasnt that big a deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I got preg 3 months after my 1st loss (baby #1), 6 weeks after my 2nd (baby #3), and 3 weeks after the 3rd (baby #4). Baby #3 & 4 had issues in utero; #3 had a blocked ureter that made his kidney retain fluid and he had surgery when he was 6 mo old and #4 had a 2 vessel cord which increases the risk of IUGR and stillbirth (after 38 weeks). I was induced at 37w 5d with her. Her weight was fine but her placenta had started to die, her cord was short and she had some breathing issues right after delivery.

I often wonder if I'd waited longer to get preg. after the last 2 m/c if my younger two would still have had these problems or if it was just coincidental.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008