Would you get irritated? Gripe.

My dh comes home from work every friday and starts drinking. He knows I hate it. He doesn't get wasted but I don't care. Fine, he's exhausted. Relax, whatever, I know he works hard all week but every Fri I don't want anything to do with him and he ignores me all night. I am so bored and lonely and depressed. All other 6 days of the week are fine. He comes to bed and snores so loud he wakes me up. I am just so fed up. I have given him an ultimatum before, because he was getting wasted on the weekends so now he doesn't get "wasted" he just gets a "good buzz". Grrrrrr!!! How do I change this and get through to him. I am UNFULFILLED!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Argh girl, he sounds like my ex... Is it??? LOL! There was nothing I could ever do to change him. We divorced after 16 years. I just didn't want to live every minute angry, which I was. I felt like he was never there for me and the kids because when he was home, he was either totally exhausted or had been drinking. When he drank, his personality drastically changed! I hated it. One time, he was at home, sitting outside and we had a nice long talk.. He said, "ya know, I've wasted so much valuable time"... But it didn't stop him. I honestly know that he saw that, the same thing I had been able to see all along... but to no avail.

He's going through his second divorce right now and he still drinks... I worry about him constantly. I wish I could make him see how much better it would be if he would try to get healthy and give up the beer.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't know what to tell you. Have you talked to him about it again? It seems like he was willing to make concessions. Are you not into drinking as well? Perhaps Friday could be y'all's night to do that together?
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 11:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We kinda talked about it tonight. He said he was gonna have a drink and I said ya I know, you get drunk every Fri. He said you resent me for that and I said yes I do. But he won't quit, he has straight up told me that. So I said don't act like you care cuz you don't . now we just won't talk for a day or so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 AM on May. 7, 2011