How much do you weigh and are you happy with that?

I weigh 286lbs. On the one hand, I'm not happy with that, but on the other hand I'm a lazy person and am not out doing what I need to to lose the weight. It took a year of manual labor and the combined power of the having-no-money-for-food diet and the having-no-transportation exercise regime to lose weight last time, and I got down to a size 16 which made me feel sexy. I have wide set hips and shoulders so I think I'd honestly look ridiculous any smaller than about a 14. But right now, I'm in a 26W. I'm frustrated with myself for not having the motivation. I'm not overeating. If anything, I'm probably undereating, as most days I feed the kids and the hubs but forget about myself in the hustle and bustle of daily life until I get that growling feeling. My DDs are both very active for their ages, but I know the time will come when they'll really notice the difference in our levels of activity. I do dance with DD1 when she wants me to, even though I ache and wheeze afterward. I put both DDs on my knees and bounce them, and all those other fun mommy activities. We even sometimes walk up to DH's business a block away. I know I need to get more active.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 11:40 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• I weigh 120 but got up to 175 during my first pregnancy....breastfeeding helped me a lot but I also run and drink a ton of water. Honestly if you just cut out other drinks and drink water all day....it will help flush a lot of crap out. You'll have to pee a lot at first and it's annoying, but stick with it and it will jump start your weight loss, I promise. Then start with walking...maybe even a little jogging. I have a used double jogging stroller so my kids are always with me when I run. Good luck, the hardest part is getting started. Once you get in a routine, and you start to see results, the motivation will push you!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• The best exercise is to finds activities you enjoy. What about riding a bike, that could be a good place to start? Water aerobics is also a good place to start. It takes some of the pressure off of your joints. My kids love for me to go on bike rides with them. We also walk to the park that is on the next street. There is a walking path going around the play area, so they play while I walk or jog.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:54 PM on May. 6, 2011