Are pugs good dogs? adult content

I'm getting a 9 weeks old pug...any comments about pugs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pets

• They are so sweet....and snort, fart and snore a lot. :o) all true
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• they are friendly and loyal and very good with kids. very good family dogs. i have a puggle, she is half. the most friendly dog in the world. would like you to death,pugs are the same.love to be on your lap. they tend to get seperation anxity too.good luck, enjoy
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I have a pug and he's the sweetest dog!

The thing about pugs though is they have a lot of health problems and they have a tendency to get over weight (sometimes). My step-brother's pug is highly allergic to peanuts, in the spring and summer her allergies kick into over drive, she's over weight and has asthma really bad.

My pug is not over weight and he is not allergic to anything that we know of. He does have allergies and he has a mild case of asthma and he has problems breathing, so we put him in a kennel, put a sheet over him and stick a humidifier in with him to help with his breathing.

Before getting a pug I advise you do a little research about this particular breed and make sure you can handle having a pug. They are wonderful dogs, but they do have a lot of health problems and they can get over weight.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 11:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i got my aunt a pug for her birthday many years ago. they shed sooo bad, they snore, fart, and are tempramental dogs. they get jealous sometimes but he's a part of their family. he doesn't bite but isn't happy to play with kids.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I was bitten in the face by a pug that was supposed to be sweet and loving. it took 3 surgeries to put my face back together!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:07 AM on May. 7, 2011

• oh I forgot to add that was when I was a child
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:08 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Why is this listed as adult content, anon?

I've heard they're good dogs. They look funny to me, though, lol.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 12:15 AM on May. 7, 2011

• My next door neighbor has one and pugs r known for their non-stop barking! The beagle part gives them height and a straight tail and a beagle shaped body! My neighbor across the alley has a pug and he barks all the time! My other neighbor has a puggle which is a beagle and a pug the dog won't shut up! I have three beagles and they r the sweetest dogs and they only bark if someone is on our property! Think about getting a beagle they r the best family dogs and they r perfect for children of any age
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:37 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Pugs are awesome family dogs. The are eaer to please and great with kids. I've not known a pug to bark a lot. If they do ther is usually a problem. Yes....Pugs do shed a lot.
    Arabella

Answer by Arabella at 1:04 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I don't know much about them temperment wise, but i know that due to breeding to make the snout more pug-like, they are now plagued with respiratory/breathing issues...they snore and breath heavily and fart a lot due to all the air they take in. Don't fancy one to be honest! Make sure you research the breed yourself before you get it...so you know if its suitable for your family.

Where are you getting the pug from? A proper breeder?
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 3:53 AM on May. 7, 2011