Blue lips?

My 20 month old son frequently gets cold hands, feet and ears coupled with blue / cold lips. This worries me despite my pediatrician brushing it off. I was just wondering if I could get some advice/opinions on what this could be from the ladies here. we currently don't have insurance so I want to make sure I'm not just being a worry wart (which I tend to be) before I take him in to the doctor.

in addition to the blue lips info I would like to add when he does it cold and starts to shake it is generally not that cold. I've seen him do this in 75 degree weather.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• I would want to make sure he is not having any circulatory/heart issues or ashtma type issues.

But, does it go away when you bundle him with more clothing? Does he warm? It may be that his tolerance to cold is not as good as ours, and that he needs more layering to help him stay warm. Some kids are like that.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:05 AM on May. 7, 2011

• That sounds like a circulation issue. I'd get a second opinion. That's not normal.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• My best friend has that problem with cold weather her hands get blue its a circulation issue that needs to be seen by a specialist .Good Luck .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:36 AM on May. 7, 2011