Has anyone ever used Enfamil Next Step Lipil?

My dd is 10 months old and I thought when she turned 1 than she got off her baby formula and went on regular milk. But, today I got this Next Step example in the mail and it says for ages 9-24 months. What the heck?!?!?! Now I'm so confused. Is that suppose to be used in place of meals or is that just if she's thirsty? Does anyone use it and exactly what do I do with it?

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 12:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got one of those things in the mail to.. They don't need it. Its just a way for the company to get more money
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I used the next step Lipil. Its not a way for the company to make more money BUT it is a way for your little one to get morre nutrients. Next step lipil can be used as a supplement. It can be used in place of milk if you chose. It is designed to give babies more of what they need in case they are lacking in other vitamins. If your baby doesn't like it or if your baby is taking food and milk with out any problem then I would say skip the Enfamil next step. Make sense?
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I used it for awhile after WIC stopped giving us formula (he was over a yr) then used it to help him switch to just milk.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My doc said there is no reason to use it but it's not harmful. So if you want to use go ahead, but it's not necessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Thanks for the help.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Marketing. Pure and simple. If you make it, they will buy it.

I will say that I kept my sample can and ended up using it. Why? When my daughter had a really bad cold and was refusing all foods, I was able to get her to drink some of this. It's not "food" but it's better than nothing or plain milk for a sick toddler.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008