What type of mom are you?

The type that worries about everything or the type that doesn't worry about anything?

I know there are very few out there who don't worry, but I know you are out there! I had a SIL that was like that... God, I wanted to be like that too.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:10 AM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am half and half. I don't worry unless I need too. I just learned some things are not worth worrying about and others are. Like for example I check the online parentlink for my daughter's grades and work assignments, I also drive her everywhere she goes, and I know her passwords to everything on the computer. We also have parental locks on her tv.
    So I still check on her but made it much easier for us.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:14 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm probably smack dab in the middle lol...I don't let the small stuff get to me but I do worry that I'm raising her right...I'm trying to raise her the way my mother raised me...I think I turned out pretty okay so I figure she did something right lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:12 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Ny DH also planted tall cactus under her bedroom window.
    SeasideNative

• one hopefully nothing like my mother, doing my best trying not to over worry but enough, encourage not push that kinda mum , loviing not spoil her i would hope even but sometime i wonder i gues as we all do ,
    bpd_crazyAs

Answer by bpd_crazyAs at 12:25 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Most days, I'm a tired mom:) I do stay close to my kids (3 1/2 and 14 months) bc they are very active and reckless. I try to give them space at the playground, etc but if I know they could fall and hurt themselves I like to be close.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:27 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm fairly balanced. I am involved in their lives, know their friends and the friends' parents. I check their grades and limit computer usage. I try not to worry about what could happen.

Maybe because things that have happened to them would have never occurred to me to worry about - DS2 having seizures, both boys getting hit in the face with a baseball (and within the past 4 weeks), or DD at 6 months head butting DH and ripping her cheek on his glasses (5 stitches.)

I try to not worry about what could happen and let them enjoy their lives, despite wanting to bubble wrap them and locking them in the basement.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:33 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm exhausted, strict, and a super worrier. It's because I'm exhaustedI don't have any positives to say lol Get back to me in a couple months...
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:43 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm right in the middle. I worry about them getting sick, but I'm not a germaphobe. I want to be able to see my kids, but I give them space to grow. Does that make sense?
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:26 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I'm a worrier.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:03 AM on May. 7, 2011