How can o break my sons fever? He's had s temp of 103 and burning up. The doc seems to think it's viral. Tylenol and Morton are really not helping! HELP!!!

armywife271819

Asked by armywife271819 at 12:11 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A tepid bath along with the tylenol should help.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:17 AM on May. 7, 2011

• my 19 month old just had the flu and had a high fever of 102.9
    the nurse i talked to said to give him a bath and keep him cool, dont over dress him or use heavy blankets
    keep in contact with your doctors office about his temp. the nurse told me 104 is dangerous but below that it isn't but your doctor knows your son and his medical history so i would only take their advice on that, you know what i mean? like talk to them about when they want to see him etc.
    try the luke warm bath, light clothes, ice water, popsiciles
    good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:18 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Don't panic. A fever like that should be enough to make you worry but don't. It means that his body is fighting off an infection.Elsas advice is good. Cool cloths on the head and continue to give the motrin/tylenol. I find motrin to work better on fevers than tylenol. Keep a watchful eye on him just to make sure that the fever does not go up anymore. GL!
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 2:10 AM on May. 7, 2011

• a luke warm bath and a fever reducer then when he gets out keep a cool rag on his forehead and give him a glass of ice water or ginger ale to sip if it doesnt go down in an hour or 2 call the dr and take him in. there may be something they over looked. good luck i know it is scary when they get this hot. both mine did it to me last week.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 9:34 AM on May. 7, 2011

• my 18 month old had a fever that wouldn't break for 3 days, went to the er twice and the first time was sent home with a 104.5 fever for 5 hours. next visit it was pneumonia. keep in touch with your pediatrician and keep him cool and keep dosing. call the nurse hotline too. sorry, it's so frustrating when no one will do anything!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:30 PM on May. 7, 2011