Don't you find it interesting?

That we have to take a test to drive a car, yet anybody is allowed to have children, to be one hundred percent responsible for another human being's life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thought about this..hell if you go to church. most of the time you have to take classes before your even married.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No I dont. What brought this up? Just wondering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• no one can control someone getting pregnant?? How are they going to do that with a Chasity belt?
    Anonymous

• Just all the parents out there who have absolutely no common sense, and seem to have no education on anything child-related. In today's society, there is tons of information at hand, that is extremely accessible. I mean, like the mother's who are sitting on cafemom asking if they should take their child to the hospital who is running a high fever and been coughing all night. Hello, get off the computer and go to the doctor. Or all those who are starting their babies on rice cereal at 2 months old. Things like that. I'm not trying to judge, really, or start a huge fight. I just think it's unfair for children to be brought into lives with parents who are not intellectually fit to raise them, and may put them at unintentional risk. I know that love means a lot, but people that are really, really unintelligent should have to be educated or something before they are allowed to reproduce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ok cant add the ceral thing in there..i started at 2wks doc. orders..acid reflux...so its not every ceral case...
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Well, for one, if they DID require classes to be a parent, I wouldn't go. No one has the right to tell you what you can/can't do, and if they do, who would listen... If I told you how to raise your child, would you listen to me? I would think not. The parents who are incompetent as parents would be just as incompetent WITH a class. JMO.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Um, yeah, the government has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do, even when it comes to your child. Such as carseat laws, supervision laws, etc. And as for the cereal things, all doctors are not right, and a doctor who recommends cereal before six months of age is going against what the American Association of Pediatrics advises. Acid reflux in small infants is sometimes a misdiagnosis.....other things can cause what seems to be reflux, such as formula allergy or being overfed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2008