I need care package idease for a friend stranded in a hotel due to tornado damage

My best friend from high school's family has been displaced by the recent tornadoes in NC. Thankfully they are all ok, and so is their "stuff". Because of the damage to their home they are having to live in a hotel until everything is repaired. They have a 5 year old daughter and a dog that is part of the family. I really would like to send them a care package to let them know I am thinking about them and am so happy everyone is ok. Does anyone have any cute ideas or suggestions?

ashjoy

Asked by ashjoy at 12:39 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• canned goods and other dry non perishable foods/ dog food
    gift certificates
    toiletries
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:42 AM on May. 7, 2011

• gift cards to the nearest store, or a visa gift card. things to make their hotel homey! board games to play with each other, i agree with everything gwen20 said.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:43 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Tolietries microwave food snacks flashlight paperplates canopener towels footie socks
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:50 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Visa gift cards that way they can get what they need where they need it from. Depending on the area some stores may not be available. Prepaid calling cards or a prepaid cell phone may also be helpful.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:54 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I would go with the visa gift cards and then something personalized for each of them. Nothing big or heavy but maybe chocolate or something stuffed (for the kid). It's expensive to send stuff threw the mail plus you don't know what they have access to or not.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:48 AM on May. 7, 2011