Am I over-reacting?

My DH (a self proclaimed "recovering porn addict) says he's past the whole looking at porn thing, but really I don't believe him. I don't know if I don't believe him because I don't trust him, because I know him better than he thinks, or both.

For example, I was using his iPod tonight to catch up on my Words With Friends game, and because of who I am I checked the history of both the browsers he uses. They were both full of random DIY (home improvment) sites, Netflix, our bank account etc. DD and I took a trip up to Walmart, and we were gone about an hour...after we got home and things settled down, DD was in bed (DS was awhile ago) and DH was playing a video game. I again was using his iPod and noticed both the histories in both the browsers were cleared...And this isn't the first time this has happened on his iPod.

Am I reading too much into this? Am I assuming when I shouldn't? Feed back ladies!!

daina82

Asked by daina82 at 1:05 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• My guess would be he was looking at porn, my husband use to do the same thing on his phone. But hopefully I'm wrong. Good luck

retent

Answer by retent at 1:07 AM on May. 7, 2011

• He was looking, plain and simple. Why waist the time errasing it?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:10 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You know he was looking. There is no other reason to erase your tracks unless you are doing something wrong.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:12 AM on May. 7, 2011

• not over reacting. hes probably looking at porn. why else would the history be gone?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:12 AM on May. 7, 2011

• i have been through this same thing!!! it was to the point that i couldn't live with some one i didn't trust i was leaving!! we got into a huge argument called his command and made them escort him outa the house so i could pack mine n my daughters things!! Later that day he begged me to go to counseling and told me that he has a stupid problem n he dnt wana lose his family over it!! i agreed a couple days later to go w him! our counselor was like u need to give her passwords or anything to get her trust back n learn to communicate w each other! that night he told me to delete his email n facebook...i deleted the email but i dnt care about facebook.we used to clear our history every few weeks that stopped bc he ddnt want me to think nething, he stopped using internet on his phone except for banking. he actually wanted to change and wanted me to realize he was changing and i no he has. but he has 2 b willing to actually change!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:26 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You are not over-reacting since he has given you reason not to trust him. I'd sit down and have a long talk with him. Then I'd make plans to go for counseling together.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:06 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Yes...but hear me out. Guys look at porn. Its just plain and simple, they're monkeys. Guys think about sex a lot, and guys look at porn. I grew up with 3 older brothers, its just something that they do. Saying a guy is a porn addict is like saying, that guys really likes steak. They just do. My husband watches porn, it doesn't bother me, we even watch it together sometimes. Now, if hes completely blowing everything off to watch porn, like, going to sex shops on his lunch breaks at work, or watching porn for hours on end, not taking care of business, then he has a problem. But if hes just watching it...let it be. Now, the lying about watching porn, he probably just feels ashamed, and doesn't want you to know about it, or stress you out. Talk to him about it, but also be understanding...guys just watch porn..
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 5:25 AM on May. 8, 2011