How many of you have lost your plug right before due date and have went into labor?

I'm 39. 5 weeks pregnant and have been having a lot of cramping and pressure for the past 3 hours. I lost my mucus plug an hour ago. I'm wondering if I should start getting excited or not? It's past 10PM here and I'm not sure if this is the real thing and if it is if I should get some rest or go on a walk to move things along!

ours

Asked by ours at 1:11 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I lost my plug about a week before I went into labor. I was actually at the Dr office when I lost it and being 19 and pregnant I had no idea what it was and my dr had to tell me. A week later I was in the dr office again and was in labor and thought it was gas pains instead of contractions.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:13 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I know that you can be waiting a week or even weeks after losing your mucus plug to go into labor. What I'm wondering is if losing it so close to 40 weeks means I have more of a chance of it being SOON. Hope so :]
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 1:15 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Id walk around!!! i lost mine about 2 days before my water broke but i rested alot!!
    nanismama

Answer by nanismama at 1:19 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I hope so. We must share a due date or close to it! I'm due Sunday and have been loosing pieces of my mucus plug too. Its increased in amount as well. Though I haven't had contractions. I think that is your biggest indicator of impending labor. I say take a walk! I'm not having any contractions. Only other things I am experiencing is really tired and back pain.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:25 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I lost mine the day I went into labor. If I were you I'd get some rest while you can!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:35 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Hmmm... If it were me I'ld be at the hospital already but that's because I have a history of fast labor and delivery. But it sounds to me like you're going into labor. Congrats!!! Have you had a baby before? How fast or slow was your labor?
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:37 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I never lost mine. Both DDs were induced (DD1 3 days past EDD, DD2 4 days prior to EDD).
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 1:39 AM on May. 7, 2011

• You're more likely to have "progress" if you rest. And start timing those "discomforts"! lol GL!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:53 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Well I had my bloody show this morning and have been having light contractions since last night. Going to go on a walk later to see if that helps speed things up!
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:04 AM on May. 7, 2011

• I think I lost my plug in my first pregnancy when my water broke. On my second pregnancy I know I lost it about 60-70 hours before I gave birth to my son.
    Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 10:29 AM on May. 7, 2011