Do you break a sweat standing still?

I'm asking ANON because I'm embarrassed. About 6 years ago I started using Jergens tanning lotion. I used to rub it under my arms because I didn't want to raise them and have someone mention the difference in color. After that I noticed that whatever I was wearing, whatever I happened to be doing, my armpits would continue to sweat. However, now it is starting to become a HUGE problem. (Though I quit doing that months after.) I was walking to my truck in a cute new outfit recently and felt something dripping down my arm. YEP,, sweat. I'm considering BOTOX.  I've tried every deodorant and I am super clean. I shave everything. I take really good care of myself.

Anyone..have you ever had this problem? Reply ANON if you need to..I would appreciate any advice or direction. Thanks ahead of time!!!

I forgot to add that I am not overweight. I am 5'2" & about 115 lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 7, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like you're suffering from hyperhidrosis. You might check out hyperhidrosis.org for information and networking. I hope that you can get answers from their and from your physician.

AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 1:43 AM on May. 7, 2011

• there**
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 1:44 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Wow! That is a problem but it's actually better to sweat too much than to not be able to sweat at all, that could actually kill you. So, whatever you end up doing please be careful. I'm sorry I don't think I can really help. Just make sure you drink plenty water so that you don't get dehydrated. How long ago did you stop using the lotion? Maybe it'll stop on it's on. I hope it gets better soon.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:55 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Thank YOU so much!! I looked over that website and I wanted to cry but at the same time I learned a few things. I had no idea for instance that this could be a result of an over-reacting nervous system. (sigh) I guess now the question would be how much Botox is in my area.....thank you

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 AM on May. 7, 2011

• oops. I meant to say I wonder HOW MUCH it would cost to get Botox.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 AM on May. 7, 2011